- Appointments can be booked in the following ways:
- In person at the desk
- By telephone on 0114 2307818
- Online (you will need to register with our online services) - Click here to book a appointment
Urgent Morning Telephone List
We appreciate that sometimes we do not have enough 'book on the day' appointments for all of those who need them. Therefore every morning we have an on call doctor who can deal with urgent queries over the phone that morning. We will always endeavour to see people with urgent problems on the same day.
If you ring in the morning and the appointments are all taken and you feel your problem needs to dealt with on that day the reception staff will ask whether you want to be put on the telephone list. If you agree a doctor will ring you back that morning. We are happy for you to give us a preferred time but we can not guarantee we will be able to call at this time. A doctor will only make 2 attempts to call you back.
What is appropriate for the telephone list:
- You need an urgent appointment for the same day
- You have an urgent medication query
- You think that you have a medical problem that you think could be dealt with on the phone
- Medication Reviews
What is not appropriate for the telephone list:
- Routine medical problems
- Wanting a routine appointment
- Non urgent medication queries
If you do think that your problem could be dealt with on the phone rather than taking up an appointment please ask reception to put your name on the telephone list.
- Please book a double appointment in advance if you think your problem will need longer than 10 minutes (late overrunning appointments lead to patient dissatisfaction!).
- If you are unable to keep your pre-booked appointment, please make every effort to let us know well in advance, so we can allocate your appointment to another patient.
- Please be patient if the Doctor is running late - consultations can often overrun their allotted time due to the nature of the consultation.
- If you are late for an appointment you may have to rebook another appointment. You still may be seen but this at the doctors discretion. You may be asked to wait until the end of the doctors surgery. Remember if you are late then this makes all the subsequent patient appointments run late.